Gemini Tec are renowned experts in surface mount production, with a solid reputation for on-time delivery. Our service is best suited to customers seeking high quality NPI products, prior to production.
As a 'high-mix' contract manufacture, we engineer and build over 800 new NPI orders every year, ranging from quick delivery prototypes to demanding development programs.
Solder jet printing allows the shortest production times to be achieved, as it doesn't require the use of traditional stencils. Vapour phase reflow ensures the soldering of boards to exacting standards.
Mycronic SMT pick and place machines are in use gaining the shortest product changeover times available, yet fast and capable of building complex SMT boards, including sub 0.4 mm BGA, uBGA, QFN, DFN, PoP and components/devices with small process windows.
Commercial elements of our rapid NPI/prototype service:
- Dedicated rapid services.
- Batch sizes from 1 to 50 pcs/units.
- Build standards IPC class 2 or 3, by accredited technicians.
- Full turnkey supply, including traceable materials and blank PCB's substrates.
- Complex SMT capability.
- Engineered solutions for demanding development programs.
Dedicated Mycronic SMT placement lines.
Ultra fast set up with solder jet printers.
- No Stencils, removing the risk of downtime.
Dedicated vapour phase reflow.
Dedicated vapour phase reflow with vacuum processing for complex PCBA's.
- Sub 0.4 mm BGA, PoP, leadless, 01005, 0201, 0402, QFN, DFN etc.
- Product validation with 3D AOI inspection.
- X-Ray inspection with void detection at 5uM.
- Optical camera inspection.
- World class process capability for high yield orders.
To ensure product validation we use a full range of comprehensive tools, such as: Mirtec five axis 3D AOI systems, fibre optic Ersascope camera inspection and various methods of X-Ray inspection to ensure all products are compliant to IPC standards.
Skilled IPC technicians are used to complete any second stage assembly, by hand or with automated soldering machines. Products can be cleaned using ultrasonic or aqueous washing methods. In-house conformal coating is available with our controlled spray booth for fast track orders.
Your ODB++ data is used to create all the digital tooling using Aegis Factory Logix front end tools. Engineering is completed by experienced engineers who check and plan all aspects of the production flow, including the use of Ucamco tools for engineering the blank PCB cards ahead of production. You can read more about our engineering process on our Data Engineering & Tooling.
Powerful MRP software is used to organise and procure materials and plan the manufacturing workflow. All component inventory is managed through our material handling system, with the use of intelligent bar-codes to provide a range of unique features:
- All the materials are scanned into ESD totes to track and trace their location and quantity consumed during the production process.
- Technical data is passed seamlessly into our SMT machines for numerous benefits:
- To configure the most efficient 'set up' time and build process.
- Validate the correct components have been presented to the SMT line.
- Conduct electrical test to various SMT components.
- Correctly track & manage MSL related activity, such as exposure times per component.
Our bespoke e-TMR software is our digital route card and is used to capture shop floor data for live production updates, including the status of all components used and operations completed.
e-TMR allows us to communicate and control sensitive instructions directly with any of our team, when works orders are in progress. This highly effective two-way system allows us to collect, store and share valuable information for internal process improvements and customers product design improvements.
To discuss our rapid delivery NPI and prototype service in more detail please contact us. Tel +44 (0) 1252 333 444
Customer feedback on the service we provide:
"Sangoma recognises the high levels of quality and professionalism delivered during the development of our next generation of our products. The quality delivered and the turnaround times were a key element in our products. Sangoma is proud to have you as one of its trusted partners for electronic manufacturing services."