Our facility is designed to build surface mount (SMT) products, we operate exclusively with Mycronic jet paste printing and placement equipment, placing over 5 million components per month and building batch sizes from 2 to 5000 units.
Our fleet of five SMT placement machines are fully automated with board loading, transport conveyors and in-line reflow. Our SMT lines are configured with intelligent Agilis feeders and fully integrated with our ERP system to allow fast set up times and full material tracking and compliance.
Gemini Tec are the only UK CEM using three solder jet printers, providing customers with speed, flexibility and increased product quality for complex SMT products. Our capability is suited to BGA, micro BGA, QFN, DFN, PoP, leadless device technology.
Our flagship MY200 'Synergy' line can accept 354 different component types in one pass, making it ideal for high mix production. PCBA reflow is completed by fully in-line vapour phase reflow, capable of processing small to high volume orders. The use of vapour phase provides numerous technical advantages over convection reflow methods. Read our FAQ's page by clicking this link FAQ's on vapour phase technology.
Key elements of our SMT assembly service:
- High mix, low and medium volume orders.
- World class capability with solder jet printing with MY500, MY600 & MY700 printing platforms.
- Complex SMT capability: BGA, PoP, µBGA, 01005, 0201, 0402.
- 3 Automated SMT lines for fast and flexible production.
- Asscon vapour phase reflow ovens, with vacuum processing.
- 3 Mirtec AOI inspection with 5-axis cameras.
- X-Ray, Ersascope inspection/Extra Eye & ERSA650 IR rework station.
- Tooling created from ODB++ with Aegis Factory Logix.
- Full material tracking and consumption with intelligent bar-codes.
Our entire SMT process is supported with solder jet printing technology, allowing us to work with the latest array of component technologies and substrates, including flex & flex-rigid, in-board cavity, PoP devices (Package on Package) and devices with small process windows.
In-process inspection is completed by experienced IPC quality engineers, supported with a range of tools such as five camera axis AOI inspection systems from Mirtec, for advanced defect detection. Ersascope cameras and real time X-Ray is also used to assist with product validation.
Powerful MRP software is used to organise and procure materials, together with planning the manufacturing workflow. All our component inventory is managed through our material handling system with the use of intelligent bar-codes providing unique features:
- All the materials are scanned into ESD totes to track and trace their location and quantity consumed during the production process.
- Technical data is passed seamlessly into our SMT machines for numerous benefits:
- To configure the most efficient 'set up' time and build process.
- Validate the correct components have been presented to the SMT line.
- Conduct electrical test to various SMT components.
- Correctly track & manage MSL related activity, such as exposure times per component.
Our bespoke e-TMR software is used to capture shop floor data for live production updates, including the status of all components used and operations completed.
e-TMR allows us to communicate and control sensitive instructions directly with any of our team, when works orders are in progress. This highly effective two-way system allows us to collect, store and share valuable information for internal process improvements and also with customers for product design improvements.
If you are looking to work with an experienced and capable CEM, contact us to arrange a meeting to discuss your exact requirements in more detail. Tel +44 (0) 1252 333 444
Customer feedback on the service we provide:
"Using Gemini Tec has been a breath of fresh air, delivering product on time and often ahead of planned deliveries to aid DSL in delivering urgent orders to its customers. DSL has historically worked with at least 2 sub-contract manufacturers, but given our confidence in your service and ability we have attained over the years, we have taken the unprecedented move to single source with Gemini"