Our facility is designed to build surface mount (SMT) products, operating exclusively with Mycronic jet paste printing and placement equipment. We place over 5 million components per month, with batch sizes ranging from 2 to 5000 units.
Our fleet of five SMT placement machines are fully automated with automatic board handling, transport conveyors and in-line reflow. All lines are configured with intelligent Agilis feeders, for accurate and efficient set up times and fully integrated with our ERP system for material compliance.
Gemini Tec are the only UK CEM using three solder jet printers, providing customers with speed, flexibility and increased product quality for complex SMT products using BGA, micro BGA, QFN, DFN, PoP, leadless device technology.
Our flagship MY200 'Synergy' line is capable of accepting 354 different component types in one pass, making it ideal for high density products. Reflow is provided by a fully in-line vapour phase oven, capable of processing small to volume volume orders. Vapour phase provides numerous technical advantages over the convection reflow methods. Read our FAQ's page by clicking this link FAQ's on vapour phase technology.
Key elements of our SMT assembly service:
- High mix, low and medium volume orders.
- True world class capability with solder jet printing [MY600 & MY700 printing platforms]
- Automated SMT lines, providing fast and flexible production. [3 lines/5 SMT Platforms]
- Asscon vapour phase reflow ovens, with vacuum processing.
- Mirtec AOI inspection with 5-axis cameras. [3 systems]
- X-Ray, Ersascope, ERSA650 IR rework station.
- Complex SMT capability, BGA, PoP, µBGA, 01005,0201, 0402.
- Tooling created from ODB++ with Aegis FactoryLogix.
- Full material tracking and consumption with intelligent bar-codes.
Our entire SMT process is supported with solder jet printing technology, allowing us to work with the latest array of component technologies and substrates, including flex flex-rigid, in-board cavity, PoP devices (Package on Package) and devices with small process windows.
In-process inspection is completed by experienced IPC quality engineers, supported with a range of tools such as five camera axis AOI inspection systems from Mirtec, for advanced defect detection. Ersascope cameras and real time X-Ray are also used to assist with product validation.
Powerful MRP software is used to organise and procure materials together with planning the manufacturing workflow. All component inventory is managed through our material handling system, with the use of intelligent bar-codes providing unique features:
- All the materials are scanned into ESD totes to track and trace their location and quantity consumed during the production process.
- Technical data is passed seamlessly into our SMT machines for numerous benefits:
- To configure the most efficient 'set up' time and process.
- Validate the correct components have been presented to the SMT line.
- Conduct electrical test to various SMT components.
- Correctly track manage MSL related activity, such as exposure times per component.
Our bespoke e-TMR software is used to capture shop floor data for live production updates, including the status of all components used and operations completed.
e-TMR allows us to communicate and control sensitive instructions directly with any of our team, when works orders are in progress. This highly effective two-way system allows us to collect, store and share valuable information for internal process improvements and with customers for product improvement.
If you are looking to work with an experienced and capable CEM, contact us to arrange a meeting and discuss your requirements in more detail. Tel +44 (0) 1252 333 444
Customer feedback on the service we provide:
"Using Gemini Tec has been a breath of fresh air, delivering product on time and often ahead of planned deliveries to aid DSL in delivering urgent orders to its customers. DSL has historically worked with at least 2 sub-contract manufacturers, but given our confidence in your service and ability we have attained over the years, we have taken the unprecedented move to single source with Gemini"