Gemini Tec are renowned experts in surface mount production and have a superior reputation for on-time delivery. We are a 'high-mix' manufacturer building over 900 NPI orders every year, from quick delivery prototypes to demanding development programs.
Our service is best suited to customers looking to build high quality 'production standard' prototypes and NPI orders, prior to small to medium volume production.
Our capability provides unrivalled speed and quality and using world-class technology such as solder jet printing, N2 Reflow Soldering and vapour phase reflow, we produce high reliability products of superior quality.
Solder Jet Printing, for rapid NPI
We use solder jet printing as it provides several advantages for our customers. It removes the need for stencils and allows us to print solder paste directly onto the PCB. This technical process allows us to place the optimum volume of paste onto every pad, providing customers with highly accurate PCBAs from the start of any order.
Solder jet printing allows us to build complex SMT boards, including sub 0.4 mm BGA, uBGA, QFN, DFN, 1005, PoP and components/devices with small process windows. As all solder paste deposits are tailored to the PCB pad, we avoid issues such as defective joints.
Flexible SMT Assembly
Fast and efficient production is made possible by using a common SMT platform of Mycronic placement machines. We have a vast investment in fully intelligent feeders to enable us to conduct the set up of the materials prior to placing any components, allowing us to switch production orders within minutes.
The flexibility of our Mycronic configuration allows us to build customer products simultaneously or independently across 7 SMT machines. Full automation from up stream jet printing to downstream reflow ensures quality is never compromised.
A fully encompassed service for NPI/prototype orders
- Rapid production, for small batch sizes
- IPC class 2 or 3 standards, by accredited technicians
- Full turnkey with traceable materials and blank PCB's substrates
- Standard and complex SMT capability
- Engineered solutions, for demanding development programs
- Digital integration for live material and process tracking
- Digital data capture to enable close control, feedback and continuous product improvement
A wide range of technical advantages
Highly flexible with 7 Mycronic SMT placement lines
- Process control with solder jet paste printing
- Stencil free process to remove the risk of production delays
- Nitrogen reflow (N2) for complex SMT products
Vapour phase reflow with vacuum processing for flex & high thermal mass PCBA's
- 0.22mm pad BGA, PoP, leadless, 01005, 0201, 0402, QFN, DFN etc
- 3D AOI Inspection for product validation
- X-Ray inspection with void detection at 5uM
- ERSA optical camera inspection
- World class process capability for high yield process control
To ensure product validation we use a full range of comprehensive tools. This includes Mirtec 3D AOI inspection, fibre optic Ersascope cameras and various methods of X-Ray inspection to ensure orders are fully compliant to IPC standards.
Skilled IPC technicians complete any second stage PTH assembly by hand or with automated soldering machines. We have automatic equipment for press fit components, cable assemblies and wire looms. Products can be cleaned using ultrasonic or aqueous washing methods and in-house conformal coating using our controlled spray booth for fast-track orders is available.
Our engineering department use powerful tools, such as Aegis and Ucamco, to ensure board level data (including ODB++) is converted to the correct format relative to the production process. Preparation is completed by experienced engineers who check source data and plan all aspects of the production flow.
We also complete the PCB engineering process using our UCamco software tools. This ensures your Gerber data checked for errors and risk that may compromise your design. You can read more about our engineering process here Data Engineering & Tooling.
Full Digital Integration
Our MRP software is used to organise and procure materials and configure production workflow and is fully integrated into our bespoke eTMR software platform. eTMR is our multi-level digital platform that collects, shares, and reports valuable information to provide in depth visibility across our business.
eTMR is a fully configured user interface accessed by all staff through PC, laptop and handheld devices. eTMR acts as our digital route card to manage all technical operations and process parameters and gain granular level production control.
Our digital systems provide numerous operational advantages
- Centralised portal for all internal communications
- Centralised portal for recording feedback and product improvement
- Monitor and record data for production parameters and process configuration
- Share bespoke work instructions and drawings to meet customer specifications
- Provide visibility of all barcoded material through the entire production cycle
- Control and monitor inventory for MSL handling, quantity consumed, test failures and future movements
- Deliver technical data to our SMT lines to allow electronic components to be tested and validated
Our highly effective systems allow us to manage and control every aspect of production and successfully deliver a focused NPI service.
Our passionate teams deliver a tailored service and are committed to providing the highest quality products and place our customers at the heart of everything we do. We support our customers with PCBA applications, working from concept to completion starting with the PCB design layout, through to NPI and finally production.
To discuss how our rapid delivery NPI and prototype service can help you or to arrange a visit to our plant, please contact the commercial team on +44 (0)1252 333 444
What do our customers think?
"Sangoma recognises the high levels of quality and professionalism delivered during the development of our next generation of our products. The quality delivered and the turnaround times were a key element in our products. Sangoma is proud to have you as one of its trusted partners for electronic manufacturing services."