Gemini Tec are renowned experts in surface mount production and have a superior reputation for on-time delivery. We are a 'high-mix' manufacturer building over 900 NPI orders every year, from quick delivery prototypes to demanding development programs.
Our service is best suited to customers looking to build high quality 'production standard' prototypes and NPI orders, prior to production processes.
Our capability provides unrivalled speed and quality and using world-class technology such as solder jet printing, N2 Reflow Soldering and vapour phase reflow, we produce high reliability products of superior quality.
Solder Jet Printing, for rapid NPI:
We use solder jet printing as it provides several advantages for our customers. It removes the need for stencils and allows us to print solder paste directly onto the PCB. This technical process allows us to place the optimum volume of paste onto every pad, providing customers with highly accurate PCBAs from the start of any order.
Solder jet printing allows us to build complex SMT boards, including sub 0.4 mm BGA, uBGA, QFN, DFN, 1005, PoP and components/devices with small process windows. As all solder paste deposits are tailored to the PCB pad, we avoid issues such as defective joints.
Fast delivery is made possible with a common SMT platform and a vast investment in intelligent feeders to enable offline set. The flexibility of our Mycronic equipment allows us to build PCBA products simultaneously or independently using 7 SMT machines.
Our rapid NPI/prototype service:
- Rapid delivery, for small batch sizes
- Production standard IPC class 2 or 3 by accredited technicians
- Full turnkey, including traceable materials and blank PCB's substrates
- Standard and complex SMT capability
- Engineered solutions, for demanding development programs
- Digital integration for tracking, instructions and product feedback
Highly flexible with 7 Mycronic SMT placement lines
- 100% solder paste control with jet printing
- No Stencils, removing the risk of delays
- Nitrogen reflow (N2) for complex high mix products
Vapour phase reflow with vacuum processing for SMT & complex PCBA's
- Sub 0.4 mm BGA, PoP, leadless, 01005, 0201, 0402, QFN, DFN etc
- 3D AOI Inspection for product validation
- X-Ray inspection with void detection at 5uM
- ERSA optical camera inspection
- World class process capability for high yield orders
To ensure product validation we use a full range of comprehensive tools. This includes Mirtec 3D AOI inspection, fibre optic Ersascope cameras and various methods of X-Ray inspection to ensure orders are fully compliant to IPC standards.
Skilled IPC technicians complete any second stage PTH assembly by hand or with automated soldering machines. We have automatic equipment for press fit components, cable assemblies and wire looms. Products can be cleaned using ultrasonic or aqueous washing methods and in-house conformal coating using our controlled spray booth for fast-track orders is available.
Our engineering department use powerful tools, such as Aegis and Ucamco, to ensure board level data (including ODB++) is converted to the correct format relative to the production process. Preparation is completed by experienced engineers who check source data and plan all aspects of the production flow.
We also complete the PCB engineering process using our UCamco software tools. This ensures your Gerber data checked for errors and risk that may compromise your design. You can read more about our engineering process here Data Engineering & Tooling.
Our powerful MRP software is used to organise and procure materials, integrate with data engineering and configure the production workflow. We have applied our bespoke eTMR system across our production processes which efficiently configures customer data to provide control and visibility across the business. Tracking and recording all operations via unique barcoding provides project updates in real time and traceability for product conformance.
This provides us with the following features:
- Materials are scanned into ESD totes to track and trace their location and quantity consumed during the production process
- Technical data is passed seamlessly into our SMT machines for numerous benefits
- To configure the most efficient 'set up' time and build process
- Validate the correct components have been presented to the SMT line
- Conduct electrical test to various SMT components
- Correctly track & manage MSL related activity, such as exposure times per component
This e-TMR software is our digital route card, used to drive operations and workflow order. In addition to status reporting, e-TMR allows us to communicate and control sensitive instructions directly with our technicians when works orders are in progress. This highly effective two-way system allows us to collect, store and share valuable information internally and with our customers to inform system and product improvements.
Our passionate teams deliver a world class service, are committed to providing the highest quality products and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We support our customers with PCBA applications, working from concept to completion starting with the PCB design layout, through to NPI and finally production.
To discuss how our rapid delivery NPI and prototype service can help you or to arrange a visit to our plant, please contact the commercial team on +44 (0)1252 333 444
What our Customers think:
"Sangoma recognises the high levels of quality and professionalism delivered during the development of our next generation of our products. The quality delivered and the turnaround times were a key element in our products. Sangoma is proud to have you as one of its trusted partners for electronic manufacturing services."